MA, CCC-SLP (Executive Director)
Gabriele has more than 15 years of experience working with families and children with speech and language difficulties and special needs. She:
- Works with families locally in the Washington DC metro area and across the country.
- Has helped over 300 families improve their children’s communication skills and recover their parenting joy.
- Trains hundreds of teachers and parents in issues related to speech and language
- Works extensively in area preschools, providing school-based observations and evaluations.
- Speaks near-native French.
- Speaks proficient Spanish.
- Consults frequently on cases involving bilingual children.
- Is trained in:
- PROMPT (Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets)
- PECS (Picture Exchange Communication System)
- ABA (Applied Behavior Analysis),
- Augmentative and alternative communication systems, including high and low-tech solutions
- Basic sign language
- Social Thinking™
- Published articles on bilingualism and child development.
Gabriele received her Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from the University of Maryland, College Park. Gabriele is the former Chair of the District of Columbia Board of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology. She is licensed in DC, Maryland, and Virginia, and lives in Washington, DC with her family.