Helpful Resources for Washington DC Metro Area Parents of Children with Speech and Language Issues
Below are some of our go-to resources that we use when our parents in Washington, DC have questions about speech and language development, speech and language disorders, like apraxia, stuttering and the communication issues related to autism.
- www.Apraxia-kids.org – Resources for children with apraxia of speech.
- www.Asha.org - American Speech Language and Hearing Association is the national professional organization for speech therapists and audiologists.
- autismspeaks.org - An autism advocacy organization.
- My Learning Springboard - Unique solutions for unique learners.
- www.stutteringhelp.org - Stuttering Foundation of America: free information available.
- www.speechforkids.com - Speech and language resources for parents.
- Developmental milestones chart